Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Bleed it out...!!


I finally did one of the things I had in my ‘To do’ list. The phrase used for blood donation campaign- ‘Donate Blood, Save Lives’. I hope, the blood I donated will play a part in saving someone’s life. It was 26th of October 2010 and there was a blood donation camp organized in our college. And I was thinking whether to go ahead and participate in it or not. And then I thought I should give it a try, so I made up my mind, overcoming the fear of the needle piercing through my vein I registered myself, got all my vitals checked by a doctor and then declared that I am fit enough to donate blood. And at last , they made me lie down and inserted a needle into my median cubital vein, after strapping the sphygmomanometer around my arm and pumping it in order to elevate the blood pressure which helps the blood to flow through the needle and then into the collecting bag which has anti coagulants and preservatives in it. Within 20 minutes the bag filled up and the donation process was over. It was a minute contribution from my side towards saving lives and I am ready to do it all over again.

Social message: People should get over their misconceptions regarding blood donations and they should actively get involved to help save lives. 'GIVE BLOOD, GIVE LIFE'.

No comments:

Post a Comment