Saturday, September 17, 2011

Namma Metro at last?? Hope So...!!



‘Namma Bengalooru’ (Translated:Our Bengalooru), or ‘Bangalore’ as I prefer to call is ready for ‘Namma Metro’, with the first half of the first phase of East-West corridor stretching across 18.1 km completed at last ( Still more to come, dunno when). One can hear a sigh of relief from lots of Bangaloreans who had lost hopes of going on the Metro in their lifetime and hoped their ‘yet to be born’ children will get to commute in Bangalore Metro. But now they can experience it firsthand and probably live to share their experiences with others. I suggest them not to get their spirits up at least until it is officially inaugurated by the Prime Minister of India on god knows when.


The Metro project is running late by months already, hope the trains will at least run on time and most importantly on tracks..!!  If you find me too pessimistic, then you are wrong, for I still like to believe that every cloud comes with a silver lining (not gold as the prices continue to go skywards) and hence to convince everyone that I do still have few drops of optimism left in my system I applied for Namma Metro Travel Card, and I got it delivered to my home. So much for my optimism, I don’t want my 120 bucks to go waste, so they better get it running soon…!!

No comments:

Post a Comment